Monday, February 06, 2006

The Bachlor

I was just watching The Bachelor on TBS. Funny fucking movie. I've always liked it. Jimmy Shannon (I forget the actor's name) feels pressured to propose to his girlfriend. And he does....and he blows it. 2 days later his grandfather dies, and he finds out that in order to inheret his grandfather's $100 million estate, Jimmy needs to get married by his 30th birthday - Tomorrow.

Girlfriend disappears, and he chases down all these other women that he dated trying to get one to marry him. But the catch is that they need to be married for 10 years and within 5 years have at least 1 "verifiable off spring."

It's pretty funny. Good flick.

I'd like to be the one to propose should a relationship go that far. I know exactly how I'd do it too. It'd be fun. And drawn out, and hell, it could take *weeks* for them to get to the proposal. It'll be fun. ^_^ Especially if the person likes odd things.

Speaking of relationships, I found myself recently getting caught in the loop of believing that everybody I end up with is a self absorbed, manipulative, emotionally abusive asshole who preys on the misery and others to feel empowered. Seeing as how Fred is none of these, I started to be come paranoid that he is actually one of them, and I just don't see it.

But then I came to my senses, and all is right in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home