Tuesday, January 24, 2006

omg omg omg omg

I found all my music, I found all my music, I found all my music. When I reinstalled windows, I thought I lost it all, but I just found it! It was hidden! OMG OMG OMG!!! I'm so thrilled!!!!

Wow, I'm a geek.

Oh, yeah, speaking of, I spent time with my two favourite nerds today. Derfus and I watched Catwoman, Napolean Dynomite, Independance Day, and uhm that other one, oh, part of Girl With A Pearl Earring. Then Derfus, Frank and I watched End of Days. Well, I fell asleep, and I think Fred did too, but just the same.

End of Days I've seen like 10 times. I love that movie, and absolutely adore Gabriel Byrne.

Napolean Dynomite....well, I don't get it. I think it's generally retarded and I don't see most of the humor in it. On top of that it had absolutely zero plot whatsoever.

Catwoman was, well, Bleh. Bad graphics. Sucky plot. I didn't like Halle Barry too much. I've seen

Independance Day enough times that I could recite most parts of it.

And Girl With A Pearl Earring was just as good as I had expected from what I had seen. I loved the book. Absolutely loved it, and the movie stayed close to it. It brought me a bit of surprised joy when they showed the painting at the end of the movie and Fred says "That's a pretty cool painting."

I've been spending a lot of time thinking lately, and I really am fortunate. I have been learning a lot of lessons this past year that most people in their 40's don't even have figured out. I feel very fortunate for everything I have, and even for the things that were "taken" from me. Even the bad moments have given me wisdom. I have learned a lot about myself this past year, and I would have prefered to learn a lot of it in other ways.

I am very pleased to be so blessed as to have such wonderful people in my life, and to be so fortunate as to have my intelligence, (such as it is) creativity, compassion, boundries, and strength. Without these qualities, I feel as though I would be lost.

I have finally started to realize my own potential and my good qualities. I have always known on some level that I had good qualities. But I haven't seen them before recently. It's a nice change compared to how I used to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home