Thursday, December 08, 2005

I fucking hate people

Okay, so I was at WordWizard Clubhouse....a website about the etymology of words. Stumbled across a thread where a woman asked if Katrina really means cleansing like she was told in an email.

People have been saying that it means purifying, cleansing, etc. THEN! This part is what ticked me off, I saw this site that came up on google, and it says:

pops Says: September 17th, 2005 at 2:33 am
I do believe God is sick and tired of wicked ways of his people.. A pastor told me he and his church prayed and fasted for God to clean up New Orleans, I really feel bad alot of innocent peole died.. I pray this will get the intentions of our people to get closer to God. The true meaning of Katrina is purifing, cleansing and this is exactly what was done, we as the people dont understand this storm, but who are we to question God?

Who are we to question God? Yeah, well fuck that, who are we to assume what God is doing, let alone the fact that he exists?

And furthermore, the hurricane was named by PEOPLE, not God, and it's PEOPLE who decided what the name means. It's germanic in origin. And the GERMANS were people. Not God. I hate this. People really fucking piss me off. All they're doing is taking this natural disaster and plugging it into their Fundamentalist Christian point of view on the world saying that their God wanted to get rid of New Orleans because THEY, the people, thought New Orleans to be full of sin.

I fucking hate people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gravity boy said...

I fucking hate people, too.

The Katrina thing really gets me, too.
All good points on your part. I just can't understand how these "christians" can have so much hate and contempt for people not like themselves. It's amazing considering what is at the core of Christianity - forgiveness, acceptance, and love.

I personally think that people who are so "devoted" to their faith must have something really wrong with them.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home