Sunday, November 27, 2005

Please take my mind for just a second
and you'll see a hell
immortalized in stone
I shed my skin, and smell the tears
reaching out for sacred forgiveness

In stone skin, you break apart
You stood your ground
and rose again staring into the abyss
Rose and fall you're reborn
So many times you failed me nevermore

On a throne of blasphemy you cast me out
acting like a god of sacred love
and forgotten compassion

But you're perfect pain
perfect skin lovely as a rose
draped in red satin

Bodies contorted
so hard to tell who's who
or what's what

Wake up with my head resting
on your chest
arms around my stomach
But then you fade
into the darkness

You become alone
staring back out of the mist
through the trees and through
the fog never ending
Dream forgotten

you stole my heart
and left me sacred alone to die
in the shell of crushed amber
and perfect emerald tears

Disturbing beauty, and ravenous lover
Take my heart and watch me bleed
Fresh longing passion is what I need

All of my crying did no good
This is my soul
Where nobody lives
Take what you can from me
Get what you give

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home