Friday, September 16, 2005

I was talking earlier with a woman I know, or really, I was overhearing her conversation. I was sitting right there, and at the same time, I wasn't there at all. I heard her speak of her plans for life. Her dreams, and desires. My dreams, my desires, my thoughts, passions, and longings change. They are always evolving. When I was younger, I dreamed of being a doctor, and then I dreamed of being a forensic anthropologist, and then a forensic entomologist (which I am still toying with). I have always wanted to write, I have always wanted to create beauty, and relish in all that is close to me. I have wanted to capture beauty, and hold it close to me; I have wanted to take the beauty that I see in the world, and the beauty that is known to me through others and throw it out into the cosmos and see where it ends up. When I was younger, this thought had never even entered my mind. I want to take all my dreams, and all of the dreamers, and bundle them up to be released...to float, and fly, wherever, and land, wherever.

My dreams now, not only consist of eternally expressing beauty, but a few minor things on the side...trivial. I want to own a coffee shop in Prague, and one in Venice. I want to have children. I love children. They make me so happy... I want to have a decent house, and be able to pay the bills on time. That's not too much to ask is it? That seems to be the most simple of everything I want.... the material items, as opposed to the spirtual satisfaction that I am searching for, and never finding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home