Sunday, May 08, 2005

piano

About two years ago I was visiting home. My grandfather (Frank's dad) asked me while I was on the phone with mom what she wanted for Christmas. She wanted a piano. So the old man found a FREE piano for her, picked it up, and drove it across country, to her house in Pecos, NM, where I was living at the time.

This piano was old, and falling apart, and needed lots of tender love and care. The ivory was all cracked, and the ones that weren't cracked were missing. The harp needed lots of work, and several strings needed to be replaced, and it was in desperate need of tuning.

There's a guy online who sold Mom all of the piano tools, and replacement keys. When we were cleaning up the piano and replacing the keys, the first key had the name and year of the maker written on it in a smudged pencil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home