Tuesday, May 03, 2005

It's a nice thought

A watched pot doesn't boil. But what they don't tell you is that the same rule of thumb applies for HUGE FUCKING SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS. Of course I know, as well as you do (I hope) that downloads don't usually boil when you watch them. Typically, they don't usually speed up either, but I sit here and watch it anyway, like a stupid human, and it goes so....fucking....slowly....

I'm downloading the HP Photosmart software for my camera. I usually just plug it in to the USB port when I'm at work, but tonight, I'm not at work. This computer is so incredibly old, that it tells me my Digital Camera is a scanner, and it won't read the memory card, so I need to get the software for it. (windows 98 box with 63m ram....omg!!!) My
roomate, and owner of this computer, asked me, "Is there anyway to make the computer less retarded?"

Yeah. Get a new computer. This one isn't worth the case.

This download, 268m was originally estimated to take 3 Hours on my highspeed connection purely because it's an Intel Celeron, with 63m of ram.

The logic to this?

There isn't any.

So in the meantime, I'm surfing the net (see the Abc's of my web browser post to see part of what I surf to), and drinking green tea, to stay warm.

Mmm.. Comfort. =)

My friend Steve made an image of me the other day. It's actually somewhat accurate:




He even included the red beads of Edward's that I was wearing for a while.

In other news, life is so much better when you have a working can opener. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home