Thursday, May 05, 2005

fruitbaskets

There's a wicked thunderstorm here, but it keeps dropping my network connection, so I have to make this quick.

My roomate is a little batty... a Fruitbasket. That's the name. Fruitbasket. Not a fruitcake, oh no, a fruitbasket. A cross between a fruitcake, and a basket case. [This is the new roomate.] Fruitbasket is allergic to: wireless devices - including, but not limited to, cellphones, wireless internet, cordless phones, power lines, and radio. Also, she is allergic to strong scents.

The other day, I was home after a job interview. I think this was yesterday, and she comes waltzing in with her little "wireless detector." This device is small, grey in color, with three lights on it. Theoretically speaking, when one light is red, there is no signal. When one is green, there is a signal, and it's supposed to gain lights until the maximum signal strength is found.

She knocks on my door where I am folding laundry, and says "Would you indulge me please?" and I looked at her, and said "uh. with?" She asks me to take my computer out of the closet, where it has been sitting, unplugged, for weeks, saying, "I just can't figure out where this signal is coming from..." she goes all over my computer case with this device, ignoring my statements of "It won't work if it's not plugged in." The cunning coot, so to speak, said to me, "I think that some of them nowadays will still get a signal if they're not plugged in." "No, they don't. It has to have electricity to do anything." "No, I'm not so sure about that."

This is the same woman who days before objected to my laundry soap, by putting it in the garage saying it's too strong of a scent, and she's allergic to it.

Said fruitbasket was standing in my room examining the case with the wireless detector which wreaks of oil paint, olive oil, turpentine, cigarette smoke (jackets and such. I don't smoke, and I wouldn't smoke in the house)and linseed oil, without a fucking word about the scent. Not a single, fucking, word.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well? How did it end?

The world wouldnt be the world without some lunatics running amock and interferring with the lies of everyone else. If we had them all shot...someone would put us to the wall...

Why am i suddenly craving some pink floyd?

Friday, May 06, 2005 9:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home