Sunday, April 03, 2005

knowl·edge ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nlj)n.


The state or fact of knowing.
Familiarity, awareness, or understanding gained through experience or study.
The sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned.
Learning; erudition: teachers of great knowledge.
Specific information about something.
Carnal knowledge.
The urge to consume knowledge has been screaming, pulsing, and weeping inside of me to let me work it's will. From experiance, comes knowledge, and sometimes, we gain wisdom. it seems that only through life, and wandering out abyss, and listening to our inner voice, do we ever gain wisdom. Only then do our oak, and ebony trimmed, doors begin to open.

Albrect taught me how to open doors. McDounough showed me what doors to open, and E actually started the door opening process. He didn't open anything, though, that didn't already want to be opened.

I think we all have doors, and I think we all have windows. Sometimes, I've noticed, people will stand tiptoe looking in our little windows, and sometimes other people will yank open the door, and barge in, uninvited, and prance around cautiously flipping switches, pushing buttons, just waiting for a reaction of some sort or another.

I was having a discussion earlier, and it followed along the lines of being able to take an event in my life, that lead me to such depression, such a dark place, and making it a good thing. It IS a good thing. It is only a good thing. How could it be anything but? When you look at it, things are good regardless of the process...almost regardless of the outcome. I am aware that I am going to gain knowledge, and wisdom, and strength from this event in my life. --And that alone, makes it worth all the heartache in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home