Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I write not so much because I want to, but because I feel as though I have to. If I don't write every day, I feel as though I'm going a little bit mad. When I write, or paint, or draw, I get this out. This, being whatever is building up inside of me. There are all these thoughts, and all these words, and dreams, and ideas. Once I get them out, I can move on. Or that's the idea, anyway.

I can write almost anywhere, and for that, I feel as though I am blessed. But I do my best writing in Mortonian fashon.* Baggy red satin pj pants, and my binary t-shirt, clashes nicely with my fleece-snowflake bathrobe, but it's comfortable nonetheless. I write best when it's dark out.....late at night, and I sit in front of the old windows 98 computer in the living room, with a cup of tea, and my bathrobe, and I write. On a good night, I'll write in my blog, and in my work in progress (or my WIP as it's affectionately been dubbed), but sometimes, I'll just write in one or the other.

My goal is to write a bit every day. And it doesn't matter too entirely much what I write it in. I think faster than I can write, and my words don't flow the same when they're being written down on the page with a pen, as they do when they're being typed out.

*By "Mortonian Fashion," I am refering to Morton Rainey from Stephen King's Secret Window. Morton Rainey is a blocked writer who's mind is falling apart faster than the disheveled bathrobe that he spends 60% of the movie in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home