Sunday, April 10, 2005

delirium

Such lines I write
As they're pounding through my head
And surrender myself
once again to the mindless apathy
why does it happen?
and where does it come from?

Don't worry - I don't understand either

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense
or if it makes too much sense
but I can't control where it comes from
just what I do with it when I'm done

he blinked again
and then blew a hard breath
at the dust on his books
and then began to turn around
slowly
meeting my eyes with a gaze
piercing
that consumed my thoughts
and pushed down my walls
once again

This always happens!
she screams
while neurotically dancing
Barefoot in the rain
to the sounds of
Jimmy Buffett
and Kevin Lyttle

There's nothing I can do about it now
it's too late
I'm surrendering myself
and my pain
and my frusteration

a tsunami of acceptance has
washed over me
and the girl dancing in the rain

but he remains
And blinks
and starts to cry
As someone spilled coffee
on his first edition Montaigne

That's okay
Because I would cry too
not so much over spilt milk
or coffee as the case maybe
but the symbolism

SYMBOLISM
Not symbology
The SYMBOLISM

has been all to consuming
and a waste of energy and good thoughts
it's music to my ears
the crumbling fortitude
and miserable dynamyte

know, she whispered
know the angel who is telling you
to manipulate champange

Such lines I write
to no real point or purpose
they're here
to hold me down
and hold me back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home