Monday, September 06, 2004

"What inspires you?" --Ah, the eternal question.

My passions inspire me. My passions are my inspiration. My passions are everything. My passions are the only things that are raised above my soul. The keeping of my soul...the whimsical longings of my soul. My soul inspires me. Everybody's soul inspires me. Everybody's soul is my passion.

My passions are people, my lover, my enemy, my books, paintings, writings, poems, walks in the rain, and hikes in the wilderness...all of it. Everything that has ever had the misfortune to touch my soul, is one of my many passions. Everything. I don't regret things. The only regret I have is not telling someone I valued them before they were murdered. I won't make that mistake again. Everything else in my life, I love, and I cherish. I don't regret my choices, I don't regret my friends, relationships, or education. I believe, and honestly feel, like it all has had its purpose in my life. Everything has a place.

Everything inspires me, which is actually a bit of a problem. I have so many ideas, thoughts, paintings to paint, poems to write, trees to draw, things to say, and people to capture, I simply do not have enough time to do all of these. I have done 15 paintings in the past 2 weeks. I draw endlessly, I write all the time. Occasionally between all of this, I work, read one of the 3 books I am in the middle of, and sleep. Work inspires me. Books inspire me. Sleep inspires me. My lucid dreams, of lucid dreamers; Rock climbing, walking in the rain aimlessly, falling asleep under the stars, walking, waiting, and dreaming dreams that influence my waking moments...all of it. It is all inspirational. Everything in life is inspirational. Everything in life is worthy of being captured.

Expression is where this really begins. Everything stems back to expression. All art is quite useless, and all beauty ends where intellectual expression begins, but nonetheless, we express both creativly, and intellectually. Within the confines of our mind, there is something. There is everything, and there is nothing. Our minds, and our spirits are where we really live. Not in the world. Not in New Mexico, not in Kentucky, Not in London, or Japan, or Malaysia. Not with the trivial preoccupations that haunt us endessly. We live in our minds, in our souls. Inside of us lingers ourselves. Inside of us lingers the urge to express. Inside of us lingers the inspiration that leads to expression. It is all there. Your expression, your lack of inspiration, your passions, your hates, your loves. There is no such thing as a dispassionate lover. That is an illusion. There is no such thing as lack of passion, and your passion, your soul, should be utilized to the fullest.

Your life should be expressed...fullfilled to your potential. Everything in your life, everybody in your life, whether it be your lover, your enemy, your mother, your father, your sisters, your best friends, and the total strangers have the capacity to inspire you...the capacity to influence your work. All you have to do is grasp it. Use your lack of inspiration to inspire you. Use it towards your advantage. Use your emotions, and your soul, to channel your lack of inspiration into expression of the fullest extent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home