Saturday, September 25, 2004

Current tunes: Sippie Wallace - Women Be Wise

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut
Don't advertise your man
Don't sit around gossiping
Explaining what he really can do
Some women now days
Lord they ain't no good
They will laugh in your face
They'll try to steal your man from you

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut
Don't advertise your man

Your best girlfriend
Oh she might be a highbrow
Changes clothes three time a day
But what do you think she's doing now
While you're so far away?
You know she's lovin your man
In your own damn bed...
You better call for the doctor
Try to investigate your head

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut
Don't advertise your man

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut
Don't advertise your man
Now don't sit around girls
Telling all your secrets
Telling all those good things he really can do
Cause if you talk about your baby
Yeah you tell me he's so fine
Honey I might just sneak up
And try to make him mine

Women be wise, keep your mouth shut
Don't advertise your man --
Don't be no fool!
Don't advertise your man
Baby don't do it!

[Poem]

When I die, when I die, let me go, let me go, so weak, so cold, so bare, and I said take me down, take me down, to the clouds, take me down, take me down to the sea.... take me down, take me down, take me down to the river, where you'll never....let me be..... when I die, when I die, let her go....when I die, let me feel, let me weep, let me drown... she has such a soul, such a soul, but not like yours, not like mine. So let me go, let her go, but never let me die. I want to be yours, in your dreams, in your arms, in your bed, I should go, but you care. But when I die, when I die, I want you to see me, I want you to feel me. I want you to hold me, and crush me, and wish me away... When I die, bury me in your bed of rain, and cover me with your words, and your fears, and your pain. Let me die in your arms, let me remember your love, let me feel your body, and wither away in your world. Let me join your eternity, or cry in my pain... let me go, let me fall, let me die... when I die, when I die, bury me in my black velvet hat, cover my eyes with coins, and tell the world, I'm never coming back. Until you, I found you. You found me, and our souls. Mine was never like yours. So weak, so cold, so bare, my soul...you touched mine, and carried me home, to my pain, to your dreams of demented serenity...when you die, when I drown....when it washes over me....let me feel, let me cry, let me see your eyes.... each and every moment is an eternity, and serenity, and happiness combined in your eyes, in my arms, and whispers.... soft and bare....

Okay, so it's kinda depressing, but hey. It just kinda came pouring out of me...I was typing with my eyes shut...just feeling.... We shall get more poetic, perhaps:



When I saw you
Standing on the corner
With your eyes against the sun
And your face hidden
Inside apathy
My eyes turn around
Just to see you
And you spoke to her
Whispering words to dread



When I die
Won't you let her go?
Won’t you remember me?
But let her go.
Tell her my secret
Tell her my dreams for you
She has such a soul
But it was never like yours
So eternal
So empty
Yet so clear



When I die
I'd like you to bury me
With my cool
Black velvet hat
Amidst the rain
In your sacred rock bed
Where the rain fills our heads


So when I die
Take me down to the
Bed of rain
Cover me in your words
Cover my eyes with coins
And put a rose next to my head
And these words in my hand
To show the world
What is lying in the sand

Lord it makes me feel
So violated
But the words
Are my very own

Stretched out

Across my chest

Dancing

And longing

For lustful reformation



And tell the raven to respect me

And the owl to be kind
That I have a soul to share

With the world
But it’s bare

And tell her you miss me

And remind yourself

You’re never going to feel me again



So let me go

Let me go

Let me go

I have such a soul

So eternal

So weak

So bare

I heard you moan as I thought of drifting

As if you could hear my thoughts

I heard your cries when I thought of the razor

Lying next to my bed



I can feel you



But let me go

Let me drown

Bury me in the bed of rain

With my painting in your room

Let me go

Let me go

Let me go

Let me go



When I die

You’re never going to touch my heart again

Let me fall

Let me cry

Let me wander

In your dreams

Wherever I may be going

Let me go

Let me be

Let me weep

On your way to the stars

Take me away

Cover me with your words

Hear me moan

When I die

© September 25th 2004 Elizabeth Prior


www.squishedlizard.net new intro!!!!

And older poem of mine so you'll understand the "lustful reformation" reference:

[Lustful Reformation]

I see myself shamed by the
slight of my own tongue
As the phone rings in time
with the beating of the heart
of my free will
Nightmares or maybe lustful
dreams of passion spent
love rent and chaos spilled
margaritas slip into my mind
Influencing philosophical debate,
or maybe influencing the passion
burning like a lake of fire
in a very apropos wicked garden
The phone rings to deliver news of evil
that just happens to transcend space
and time and place
with a sort of surreal methodology
and tormenting chimes
that ring and ring and fail to end
as wistful dreams of
passion renewed
fill my weak
coffee infected mind
chaotic Christmas lights
and wilting tinsel
linger softly with a
sorrowless demise
Entwined with the raven's nest
high atop a molten mountain
gazing weakly upon the world below
As yet again the beat of
my heart of freewill
screams causing my mouth to revolt
shaming me yet again
by my own tongue

© March 2004 Elizabeth Prior

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home