Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I went to Diablo Canyon the other day. I have lived in New Mexico for 2 years now, and I had never gone. It is so incredibly beautiful there. I got down into the old dried up river bed, and I stood with my head tilted up, and the rain gently falling on my face staring at the huge cliff faces. I find myself longing to go back. Preferably durring the late afternoon...around sunset. I think it would be amazing.

I was reminded of a place I used to go hiking in Pecos called Jack's Creek. If you drive all the way to the top of the canyon, which is a good 45 minute drive, you hit Jack's Creek. You can look down into the canyon, and see all the little nooks that you can't otherwise see. I used to take my dog Jack up there. He's a beautiful white fluffy great pyrnees with the softest coat I have ever touched, (unless he hasn't been brushed) with these endearing love-filled deep brown eyes, that just pull you in, and make you say, "Awwwww." I trained him with fencing commands. I would say "Advance" and he would walk towards me. "Halt" and he would stop and sit. "Retreat" and he would actually walk backwards. He was such a great dog. Sometimes we would go to Panschuela, which is an awesome little creek tucked away on the mountain side. I haven't been there in over a year. I have nobody to go with.

*sigh* I hate my life sometimes.

Frank, I'm going to email you with a rant.

Current Mood: sad
Current Music: Nina Simone - Work Song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home