Friday, January 02, 2004

Happy Evil Merry New Year!

So, my New Year wasn't wonderful, but it was sweet. I enjoyed myself, as much as I wasn't expecting to. Edward and I went to Scott's party. Scott has a beautiful house with a great view of the mountains. I would love to get to spend a day up there outside painting, and painting, and painting. I can actually think of very few things I would rather spend a Saturday doing. The view of the mountains is just incredible. Painters View as Edward put it.

For Christmas I recieved a $25 giftcard from Jon to Michael's Arts & Crafts store. With it, I bought 17 brushes, a blue jar to keep my brushes in, 2 palatte knives, and 5 ink cartrages for my fountain pen. My total came to $25.42. Very happy. I GOT 17 NEW BRUSHES!!! Go me! lol

Anyways, I also got a bunch of canvas for Christmas. I used one of them trying to learn how to use my palatte knives. It is a very interesting technique; a skill that I have yet to acquire apparently!

I have to buy some more paints. I have been letting Edward's little sister Emily use some of my paints, which has turned out to be a bit of a mistake seeing as how she is wasteful. I'm glad that she is showing an interest in art though, but not too entirely glad that she's wasting my paints!

So, New Year's Party....it was good. My heart got fucked up in the middle of it though, so I didn't enjoy myself as much as I had hoped. Actually, I ended up downstairs laying on a bed, and then fell asleep after shaking almost violently for a few minutes. A lot of good conversations were had--Something I've always enjoyed about parties. The conversations.

*shrug* Anyway, I'm leaving work now in a few minutes. Hopefully, I'm going to go to Baking Co, and get some yummy Chicken Veggie soup, and then possibly spend the afternoon in Aztec. But we'll see how it goes.

Current Mood: amused
Current Music: Nirvana - My Sharona

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home