Wednesday, December 31, 2003

As part of my job, I scan the county clerks books. Mostly mortgages, but every once in a while, I get a death certificate. No matter how behind I am, I always stop to read it. They're usually boring. Cancer paitents, or old age. Yesterday, I got a death certificate for somebody who died of luekemia (did I spell that right?). About a month ago, I stumbled across one for a 25-year old man who blew his brains out. "Cause Of Death: Gunshot wound to the head." They had a picture attached to it, and the entire back of his head was missing. A few days ago, I had a death certificate for this man who was working on his car, and it fell on him. "Cause of death: Severe weight on chest" Attached to the death certificate was a statement by the coroner saying that he just had a small shit-hole apartment on the nuclear waste side of town. He had no money, no children, no wife, and no family to speak of. Following the death certificate was a hospital lien saying that they spent over $200,000 trying save him, and they wanted their money no matter what.

Christmas was good. I wanted to spend the day with Mom, but she lied and told me that she was going to be out of town. So I spent the day with Edward and his family. It was nice. I called Ken and my grandmother. She wasn't there though, but she called me later. During the course of our conversation, she had told me that Mom didn't go anywhere for Christmas, and never had any plans to.

So I'm a little annoyed.

Christmas came and went, thankfully. And it went well. There wasn't any snow, but it's New Mexico, and we hardly ever get snow. I'm slowly growing used to the idea of not having snow. I miss it though. I like snow. I like the gloom that comes with it. It's really the gloom that I miss more than anything.

So, tonight is New Year's. I have no clue what I'm doing. I felt like wearing my torn jeans though because they're comfy, but I had to come into work for half a day, and I can't wear them here. I do have my Jack Skellington hair chopsticks with me though, and that's a comforting thought. I love my job, but I would really like to have a job where I can dress as I please and express myself creatively. Until I own my coffee shop, that probably won't happen.

Jon & Susanne's apartment is almost done. The company converted the upstairs of the warehouse into an apatment for them so there's always somebody at the warehouse. Some form of security if you will. With everything that's been going on, Edward and I have been thinking about what kind of house we want at some time in our lives. Preferbly, I'd like to call up Tim Burton and ask him to design the interior decorations for the place. If I have my way, I'll have a big house in some quiet European country, and the staircase from Edward Scissorhands, the fireplace from Bettlejuice as the door frames. I'd be very happy there. I want a big room for my books, and another big room just for my painting. You see, this will all be happening when I am rich and successful, so I'll be able to afford this kind of thing.

I'd like to start my coffee shop in a quiet Baroque European country. I have been planning it for a long time, and I have a location picked out in Prague, Old Town. However, I'll probably end up in France somewhere, I don't know why, but I just have that feeling. My coffee shop would work better in France though since I am going to name it Bastille's Coffee Emporium. It's a reference to Bastille's Day and the fall of Bastille's Fortress. The reason it all started to begin with is because this young man went to a cafe and stood up on a table giving a powerful speech which left people speaking of the revelution. 2 days later, Bastille's Fortress was stormed, and fell. The name of my place is in refference to how the revolution started, but I'm not sure if the French will see it that way. If I'm in France when I start this place, people might be very mad at me and there will be a lot of anger because I named a coffee shop after Bastille's Fortress. And that wouldn't be good because I don't need people trying to burn down my coffee shop.

Current Mood: contemplative
Current Music: Alice In Chains - Head Creeps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home