Wednesday, October 29, 2003

So here it is. The question of all questions:

Why does one aspire to be a great artist, or a great musician, or a great writer?

As for me? My answer applies to all 3 topics (art, music & writing) I would love to be a person that inspires people to use their creativity, and to paint, compose, or write beautiful things. I have always secretly wanted to be an artist. A good artist; up there with Van Gogh. I've always wondered what it would be like to influence people. And honestly, I've always wanted to be one of the people that inspires somebody to create something beautiful. If all I did with my life is through my writing, and my artwork, inspire people to write, and to create art, and to do something beautiful, I'd be very happy.

How often is it that somebody gets told, "Hey, wow. Thank you. By your work, you have motivated me to create something of my own." --Even if their reason for wanting to create something of their own is to show me up, how can that be a bad thing?

The world needs more art. As worthless as art is, the world needs it. We thrive on it. The reason we have art is because we need it. We don't need it like we need O2, but we need it to make our lives just a little more interesting. To add color to our lives. To experiance an alternative point of view. To see into the depths of somebody's mind.

That's why I like art, and that's also why I don't know if I could ever display my art. I'm not sure that I want people to see into my mind. I like seeing parts of other people's minds, but I kind of want to keep mine closed off.

Although, I'm sure that on a subconsious level, I create art because I want to express what's going on in my mind, and because I want people to see into my mind.--Even though that prospect terrifies me.

Current Mood: awake
Current Music: Nada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home